Historic Swale CIO are planning a Heritage Conference and would like to invite interested individuals, heritage sites and other interested groups to attend the event.
- An opportunity to showcase Swale’s Identity’ (Our Common Heritage)
- Topics during this all-day conference to include all aspects of our local history, from prehistory up to the modern era.
- The date: Saturday 21stMarch 2020
- Time: 9.30 am to 4.30pm
- Venue: The Appleyard, Remembrance Avenue, Sittingbourne
- Allspeakers to cover all three areas of Swale: Faversham, Sheppey, & Sittingbourne
- Each talk to be a 15 min slot – to whet the audience’s appetite to discover more
- The conference will be filmed and highlights will be uploaded onto Historic Swale and Visit Swale websites
- Heritage related stalls to be invited to be part of the event (estimate 20-30 stalls)
- Roger Truelove (Leader of Swale Borough Council) to open the conference
- Richard Emmett (Chair of Historic Swale) to compere the conference
- Ken Ingelton (Mayor of Swale) to close conference
- Attendees – Heritage groups and the public – charge £5 a head to include a buffet lunch.
- Stalls charge £20 a stall to include 2 attendees to the conference. (Additional places can be purchased)
- Tickets for the public to attend will be sold via Historic Swale members outlets (The Heritage Hub, Sittingbourne, Fleur De Lis, Faversham and Blue Town Heritage Centre, Sheppey and via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/historic-swale-heritage-conference-tickets-88358114499?utm_term=eventurl_text
- Estimated attendees 180-200.
A stall holder form is available here should your group wish to exhibit at the conference.
Please can these be completed and returned with payment by Saturday 29th February.
I do hope you will be able to attend the Historic Swale conference, either as an individual delegate, or would like to have a stall and to find out more about Swale's combined heritage!